By elevating the building 11.5 feet, Monad Terrace will be the first structure in Miami Beach to be built above updated flood and sea level elevations, and the first to be constructed above West Avenue’s new height. This significantly higher grade puts all interior spaces and the garage entrance well above the flood plain, while eliminating the need to dig down to the water table to construct below-grade parking—a thoroughly practical solution to one of Miami’s most pervasive construction challenges.
Jean Nouvel has designed around a point of view: from the moment you arrive under the sheltered porte-cochere drop-off, the double-height lobby frames an unbroken vista: past high-clarity glass curtain walls, through the lush water garden and landscape, straight out to Biscayne Bay. Overhead in the lobby, dramatically interlayered reflective panels capture daylight on the bounce—directed and diffused from the glittering surface of the lagoon beyond. Infinity edge detailing throughout the water garden bring the Bay, viewed in perspective, up close.
- Landscape from arrival to bay designed by Jean Nouvel
- Concierge; 24-hour lobby attendant
- Sun deck with 116-foot swimming pool and hot tub overlooking Biscayne Bay
- Pool service
- Full service valet parking
- Cafe and Juice Bar
- Residents’ lounge
- Bicycle and water sports storage
- Monad Terrace bicycles and paddle boards
- Access control
Ateliers Jean Nouvel have composed the landscape specifically to complement the architecture. “In the case of Monad Terrace,” Nouvel notes, “it’s not only a building. It’s an object belonging to the landscape, and belonging to a sense of place, and a positive part of the identity of that place.” Curated climbing gardens run along the North and South façades of Monad Terrace. A sheltering cascade of native Bougainvillea, Spanish Moss, Tillandsias, Passion Vine, and other curated species create natural filters and curtains for the terraces behind, bringing the feeling of a living landscape on the North and South sides to the outdoor living area of every residence.
- Lush landscape from arrival to bay designed by Ateliers Jean Nouvel
- Central lagoon with sun decks, aquatic plants, and infinity edge pool
- Climbing gardens on North and South façades for privacy and shade